[Slowhand] Derek

EFSCHUL at aol.com EFSCHUL at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 15:07:02 EDT 2007

I could be mistaken but there is no biological tie between Derek Trucks and
Duane Allman. If someone has already posted this, please forgive.

What I remember is:

Derek's uncle, Butch Trucks, is a founding member of ABB.
Derek is a child prodigy, started playing guitar at a very young age, did
guest appearances w/ABB and joined in 1999 - he started his own band in 1994.
This is what I remember.

BUT:

Duane died in 1971. Derek was born ~1979 or 1980.
You do the math.

Is Duane Derek's spiritual mentor (like EC is to Derek [and others] now?
There are probably more dots to connect here, but I'll leave you with a...
cheers
blond rocker