[Slowhand] Selvin spot on? I think not.

Hillary Todd gilmoregirltoo at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 12:38:47 EDT 2007

DeltaNick, you do have something in common with Joel
Selvin. Neither one of you are very good critics.
Both of you will find fault with Clapton regardless of
what he does. I know for a fact that Selvin is a
fraud. He often stays for only a few songs then
writes a review as if he's seen the entire concert.
Actually, he is so biased against Clapton he could
probably write the review without seeing the concert
at all. The truth about Joel Selvin is that his goal
is see how many letters his reviews generate and angry
fans write more letters than happy fans.

I don't think it is fair to imply that EC has been on
auto pilot and mailing in this guitar solos on this
tour. I think that's a minority opinion. It has not
been my experience and is not my opinion. Nor does it
seem to reflect the opinion of the majority of the
critics and fans around the world.

As for your standard, "he could be so much better"
opinion, I get it already. It's annoying and I
disagree with you, but I get it. Why can't you
sometimes make a statement such as "there's a
wonderful guitar solo that is inventive, soaring and
passionate" and then just stop. That would be
refreshing.