[Slowhand] Exclusion of Derek and the Dominos material

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 5 08:36:18 EDT 2007

> It makes no sense to leave off the Derek

> and the Dominoes stuff.

I was very disappointed not to have more of the D & D material, particularly since it was such a cornerstone of the last tour. What a delightfully unusual tour it was! The Charlotte show on October 17, 2006, was the last time he played anything from his latest album. And yet D & D tunes kept being added.

I have been mentally preparing myself for some disappointment in the official DVD. How can a stellar eleven hour concert be trimmed to just two hours? I am so grateful for the resourceful individuals who were able to capture the audio and video from the MSN feed.

Joey, I applaud your efforts to correct this injustice. I doubt Rhino will make any changes at this late date, particularly after the press release has gone out.

HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS IF ANYONE FROM CAMP EC IS READING THIS:

1) Sell the entire EC set (or even the entire concert) on ericclapton.com with proceeds going to the Crossroads Centre. No fancy artwork or menus needed. Just burn a pristine version of the MSN feed onto DVDs.

2) Make the entire EC set available to the ecaccess members. I believe membership would soar.

3) Provide a live DVD from Clapton's 2006-2007 tour. San Diego has been mentioned, of course. If EC is disappointed in that one, there are plenty of other choices. It has been five long years since a live album and EC is talking about taking 1-2 years off. Why would you not want to release a live album now?