[Slowhand] funny analogy!

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 11 15:54:41 EDT 2007

Kid Rock is currently in the midst of a U.S. club run, which stops next in Phoenix on October 23 and continues through November 8 in Minneapolis. As far as what Rock's future holds, he said he's excited about his next project — a collaboration with Run-DMC's Reverend Run.

"We're doing a record together," Rock said. "He's such an inspiration, and a great friend. So we'll be doing a whole album, kind of reminiscent of when Eric Clapton worked with B.B. King [on 2000's Riding With the King]. With hip-hop being the blues of this day and age, he's one of the godfathers of it. We'll have some fun with it — take it back, make some socially relevant songs, but also have some fun with turntables, beats, rhymes. I think we're calling it Running With the Kid, and I think it will be great. We're doing it for the pure love of music."