[Slowhand] EC featured on PBS Wed., 28 Nov.

Sam Mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 28 23:23:24 EST 2007

It was broadcast on 2 different PBS stations that I can pick up locally. 1
station played it straight through and it was done in the 2 hour time slot
allotted. Another station used it as a pledge drive and it took 2.5 hours.
For those of you taping/tivoing it, make sure you have it record an
additional 30 minutes just in case your local PBS has the pledge drive
interruptions. It is scheduled to play again at 1 am Thursday, 3am Friday,
and 2 am Saturday.

Out

Sambo8

PS I haven't viewed the dvd yet (waiting for xmas gift), so I was
deliriously surprised when they showed a closeup of ron ciul and me with the
heads on a stick just after EC walked out on the stage for his set. Funny
thing, the footage was from AFTER the show. I got someone to get the
cameraman's attention, and he shot us for about 10 seconds with the heads,
which is what you see on the dvd. It seems the editors spliced it in just as
EC was starting into "Tell the Truth"..I couldn't pay for better press if I
tried! Maybe my shipment of heads on a stick and my pictures that I took at
the show to one of the producers (scooter weintraub) paid off after all?