[Slowhand] Crossroads II version of Crossroads

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Mon Dec 3 10:13:18 EST 2007

I like the tempo of Crossroads from Crossroads II.

It is very reminiscent of how Powerhouse did it in the mid-60's. And I guess appropriately so since that version had Steve Winwood on vocals and Clapton on Guitar .......and Jack Bruce on Bass.

Clapton has never again done the fast version like he did at Winterland with Cream. For old times sake, I'd love to hear him reprise that tempo with that blistering fretwork.

Wouldn't it be special to hear Steve and Eric duel frenetically on the fast version at MSG in February?!?

Joey Jay