[Slowhand] unexceptional British blues-rock

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Thu Dec 6 22:58:02 EST 2007

Whatever anyone else thinks of Peter Green, Eric Clapton thinks the WORLD of him, and considers him one of the greats.

On the other hand Green thinks the world of Clapton too. "I decided to go back on lead guitar after seeing Eric Clapton. I'd seen him with the Bluesbreakers before he considered singing and his whole concentration was on his guitar -- he had a Telecaster -- and it was really impressive. Then he had a Les Paul and his fingers were marvelous. It took everything away from me, like my birthday, Christmas; you forgot everything, just listen to this. All music that you'd ever heard was washed away by this group of guys that were letting Eric Clapton take the floor."

DeltaNick