[Slowhand] EC & JB

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Sat Dec 15 10:06:52 EST 2007

Some of Jeff Beck's recent performances at Ronnie Scott's will be released on DVD. Don't know if they recorded EC's appearance, but we can hope...

from a Mike Hull letter excerpted at http://www.ainian.com/new07.html#165

After Jeff finished the first set, he introduced Jimmy Page in
the audience along with Brian May, Tony Iommi, Robert Plant and
Claude Nobs. The crowd gave the obligatory polite clapping. Jeff
then stepped up to the mike and Introduced " an old friend who knows
his way around a Strat" and Eric Clapton walked on. Needless to
say the crowd was very exited. Eric had the same gray Strat and
the Fender Twin from the Crossroads show. They played two songs,
Muddy Water's 'You Need Love' and Willie Dixon's 'Little Brown Bird'(ed.),
it was the most amazing musical experience I have ever
had. They did some awesome trading off during those tunes, just
beyond belief! After they finished Eric took a seat at the side of
the stage and watched Jeff close the night with a version of Where
Were You that brought tears to my eyes.