[Slowhand] Crossroads 2007 PBS Broadcast

Sam Mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 21:41:37 EDT 2008

Sorry for the repost, but I saw my original message in the archives, but not
in a digest? Here it is again:

------------------------------------

Did anyone Tivo the PBS Great Performances broadcast of the 2007 Crossroads
festival and can possibly burn it to a dvd? The reason I ask, is that I
finally got around to seeing the official dvd, and from what i can see, it
differs in one major respect (at least as far as I am concerned) to the
version shown on PBS - the 6 second footage of Ron Ciul and I with our
EC/Buddy Guy heads on a stick as EC is walking out onto the stage for his
headlining set is not included on the official DVD!

Why PBS would have the footage in their version and it not be on the
official DVD is a mystery to me? Usually, PBS does an editied version of
shows from the official DVD footage, but in this case, it seems like the
opposite is true - PBS had our footage and the DVD doesn't? Or maybe our
footage exists somewhere else on the official dvd (extras features?) and I
didn't see it?

Let me know if someone can help me out getting a copy, as I have an older
Tivo unit that does not have a USB port that would allow me to burn a
dvd...thanks!

out
sammy