[Slowhand] EC accepted invitation from Greg Allman for "Peakin at the Beacon" this year....

EddyPauley at aol.com EddyPauley at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 12:10:10 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 12:02:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
slowhand-request at planet-torque.com writes:

> Message: 5

> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:38:22 +0100

> From: "jyb music" <jyb.music at gmail.com>

> Subject: [Slowhand] Eric in Europe?

> To: slowhand at planet-torque.com

> <91e726db0812170138k7bf249cel9ab8a2f1d82f5e6d at mail.gmail.com>

> Hi,

> Any chance that Eric will cross the channel next year to play on the old

> continent or will it be a "uk only" tour?

> Already mid december and no announce so far.

> Best regards,

> Jean

I don't know about solo dates but Clapton has accepted an invitation from
Greg Allman to guest one night with the Allman Brothers Band in New York City at
the ABB annual run at the Beacon Theater.

The ABB Beacon shows were canceled last year due to Gregg's health issues but
he is fine now.

I wish EC would do multiple shows with the ABB but my guess is only 1
night........maybe 2 if it's on a weekend.

Dates should be released any day now. The ABB shows usually go for a little
over 2 weeks and in the past have run during March.