[Slowhand] So you want to be a rocknroll star

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Sat Dec 20 16:24:44 EST 2008

Christopher Hjort strikes again with So You Want To Be A Rock'n'Roll Star: The Byrds Day-By-Day 1965 - 1973 using the same format as Strange Brew. EC gets a few mentions, including his 18 Nov. '67 Record Mirror interview discussing Disraeli Gears. Of 'Dance The Night Away' EC says, "It's a tribute to the Byrds with 12-string guitars and everything. We admire them tremendously as musicians and they are also friends of ours. We arranged the number to sound like them. David Crosby, who left the Byrds recently, told us he liked it very much - in fact he was very pleased with the whole LP."