[Slowhand] EC with ABB at the Beacon

Marlene Opila marlene1115 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 18:45:43 EST 2009

Sam said:

I believe he will just be at one show, which one I do not know,
but will probably be revealed closer to the show. If I get the chance to
talk to Derek trucks this Wednesday, I will ask him!

Sam, did you forget to ask Derek this most important question?? I sure hope the following is true - I've got tickets for these shows!

Marlene

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/

More Details About Clapton Joining Allman Brothers at Beacon!!!

February 13, 2009 1:14 PM
We told you first right here in the Smoking Section that the Allman Brothers' epic 2009 stand at New York's Beacon Theater will serve as a tribute late guitar wizard Duane "Skydog" Allman. The fifteen dates in Manhattan -- between March 9th and March 28th -- will also celebrate the Allman's 40th anniversary, and marks 20 years since they began ripping shit up at the Beacon.

Some of you didn't believe us when we said that Eric Clapton would be sitting in with the Allmans on select nights. You folks can suck it! Clapton WILL appear at two shows -- on March 19th and 20th!!!

We also predicted that Dickey Betts would return to join his former band, a claim that the Allmans' manager called "patently false."

We're sticking with our prediction! Why not!

And whether or not you catch a Clapton night, each and every one of the shows are going to be sick!!!