[Slowhand] EC will be Peakin' at the Beacon-

Daniel.Dunseith at corning.com Daniel.Dunseith at corning.com
Sun Mar 8 05:37:15 EDT 2009

Hello All;

Here's the deal, the ABB open up this Monday, March 9th and run thru Sat.
Mar 28 non-stop with Wednesday's off. The concept is a 'celebration of 20'
years of ABB doing this at the Beacon Theatre in NYC, which became a real
good mock-up and re-creation of the Fillmore East days for the ABB after
finally getting their act together back in '89. So they're making this a
Jamboree in honour of Brother Duane Allman, first time he's ever been
acknowledged IMHO in a visceral way. Anyhow, many guests are slated, with
no guarantees or specifics; but you can log on to: www.moogis.com & and
actually view the shows live for $125, plus a pletora of ABB shows in the
'library' that are pretty good. This subscription is good for like a year
or so, it's not a 'one time' thing. So if you're a ABB fan, it's great. If
your're after EC, get a DVD recorder and you'll have it, because he is
definitely showing up.

The kik is if you can plug your PC or laptop into your HDTV port with
sound coming from another port....And you are there. I did it two weeks
ago and there's an existing library of shows, mostly audio but with 3 live
that you can view to ramp up and see, it works real well after some
setting' adjustments, such as VGA= lowest. You'll need to buy a cable to
hook to your PC or Laptop, to your HDTV which cost me $32. at Radioshack.
It's basicsally a db9>db9. If you have a PC or MAC and not an HDTV, you
can watch and listen with speakers. Don't know how you would
record/capture, it would be a software thing, not my ballywick.

For info on the subscription and the genesis of this whole thing, go here:
www.moogis.com

This was hatched by, of all people, Butch Trucks, who is the longtime
original drummer and Derek' s Uncle. His idea was to deliver streaming
content to the masses, since he saw conventional record sales migrating to
vaporware for dinosaur rock bands like ABB, etc.

As far as Eric is concerned, yep- he's definitely accepted an invitation
from Gregg Allman to show up and a lot of speculation is that it will be a
Friday or Saturday, which leaves the obvious dates, and an important
observation I made is that EC cancelled a gig in Ireland I think, anyway
here's the dope from 'where's eric' official announcement-

"On 16 January 2009 it was announced that this concert will take place on
10 March and NOT 11 March as previously announced due to a touring change.
"
*copyright - 'where's eric?'
Go Here: www.whereseric.com

Actually turns out to be Australia he's leaving early, not Ireland where
he actually continues the tour in May .But it really looks like he's
hurrying back to somewhere for something, no?. So, the realization after
reading the site news and obviously cutting & pasting just to please all
of you. Be that as it may, my take is that god cancelled that to fly over
here and be able to line up for the weekend of the 13th and/or 14th. I
don't think he'll do anything more than 1 (One!) night cameo parachute in
and out, aah la EC typical. Altho, he does have a ton of free time until
May. One of the offerings on the Moogis website is rehearsals, and a
pretty cool clip is of Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes working out 'Only
You Know And I Know'. Uhmm...Go Figure. But that's just me.

I am not a schill for moogis. This is a new frontier, and I tip my cap to
Butch Trucks for laboring on it ....This is defintely the new venue for
Baby Boomers like us.

Other rumoured guests are, (and my $0.02)

Dickie Betts - No wonder why they won't commit to a lineup, he's
probably the reason. Love him, mean it, but Mr. Betts, you got to show up
man....and please stay away from Central Park!
Bonnie Bramlett- RIP Delaney - we hardly knew ya', & thanks for the
singing lessons. Sincere Condolences, very under-rated and truly a great
RockStar. You are missed.
The kid from Phish- Good Bet
Chuck Leavell- Definitely, actually filled the void of Brother
Duane on Southbound, B&S album and alot of other stuff during the
transition.
Eric Clapton- LOCK!
Charlie Daniels - Very Possible
Marshall Tucker - Also Very Possible
Outlaws - Too bad I gave up the drinkign eleven years ago.
Dammit.
Scooter Herring - Not Likely
Grateful Dead- Big Possibiliy, peace parts tho. Think Franklin
Tower.
John Mayer- Just because he'd play in my basement if there
were network cameras there...
Cher - One can hope.
Skynard- Whatever it looks like anymore, Not exactly a
longshot.

And don't think anyone show's up in duplicaton, in other words; they're
each an entity unto their own. Fifteen Nights of guest stars, do the
math. Caveat is that their backbone culture was the JAM! I saw them at
Watkins Glen with the Band, Dead and they did do a finale of Uncle Johns
Band that was totally insane. But that was 1975.

Cheers,
Allblue

----- Message from EddyPauley at aol.com on Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:10:10 EST
-----

I don't know about solo dates but Clapton has accepted an invitation from
Greg Allman to guest one night with the Allman Brothers Band in New York
City at
the ABB annual run at the Beacon Theater.

The ABB Beacon shows were canceled last year due to Gregg's health issues
but
he is fine now.

I wish EC would do multiple shows with the ABB but my guess is only 1
night........maybe 2 if it's on a weekend.

Dates should be released any day now. The ABB shows usually go for a
little
over 2 weeks and in the past have run during March.

----- Message from David McGee <keytohwy at mac.com> on Wed, 17 Dec 2008
09:31:11 -0800 -----