[Slowhand] Here But I'm Gone

John Shortridge jshortri at rmi.net
Sun Mar 22 21:57:33 EDT 2009

I remember when Eric won all the Grammys for Unplugged, he praised
this album when accepting one of the awards. I think he said, "I
think Curtis Mayfield's new album is really good."
John

> Message: 2

> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:19:26 +1100

> From: Shanahan <mowdamowda at hotmail.com>

> Subject: [Slowhand] Here But I'm Gone

> To: Slowhand <slowhand at planet-torque.com>

> Hi Slowhanders,

> After recently seeing Eric perform the Curtis Mayfield song Her But

> I'm Gone, I thought I'd listen once again to Mayfield's New World

> Order from which this song was taken.

> It's obvious this album must have been a big influence on Eric's

> Pilgrim.

> Anyway, I was really enjoying the album and thought all the songs,

> the performances and production were very good indeed, and then it

> hit me.

> Maybe I'd better reserve my judgement until I can have it confirmed

> that there is NO drum machine on this album.

> Of course if there is a drum machine on the album, I've made a big

> mistake and it's just a piece of crap (like that Pilgrim album).

> I'll wait for clarification, but until then the CD will rest

> precariously on a ledge between my CD collection and the trash can.

> Cheers

> Tone

John Shortridge
jshortri at rmi.net

Raise your glass to the hard working people
Lets drink to the uncounted heads
Lets think of the wandering millions
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead
-Jagger / Richards