[Slowhand] Slowhand Digest

Steve slowhand.net at gmail.com
Sun May 24 10:07:35 EDT 2009

I admit that I have said a few silly things recently. One reason I
did that was to try to get people to respond. Sometimes I wonder if
anyone is still out there on the Digest.

For example, on April 16, I posted the link to the "Forever Man"
performance. This prompted zero discussion despite the fact that it
was an amazing performance with great camera angles and a mix that
sounded better than being there in person.

Similarly, my posting about the dates of each Clapton/Winwood
performance produced no response, I realized it is a holiday weekend,
but is no one surprised that the February 26 show was so heavily
represented? I would have guessed that the February 28 show would be
the core of the recording instead.

And this is not the only stellar performance that has been
under-represented on the Digest. Only one person, ChriSparky, gave an
account of Clapton's March 19 performance with the Allman Brothers.
If one relied solely on the Slowhand Digest, there was no indication
that Clapton joined the Allman Brothers again on March 20 until April
3. At that point, Bruce Wilson quoted the "Where's Eric" site's news
item stating that individual ABB shows could be purchased.

Other than Simon George's comments, where are the RAH reviews?

The fact that Tone and I had a brief, admittedly silly exchange about
a trivial part of the DVD does not prevent anyone from starting a
serious discussion about Clapton's recent, amazing performances.

Steve