[Slowhand] Review: EC & SW, Verizon Center, Washington, 13 June 09

Greg Hilker greghilker at gmx.de
Tue Jun 16 14:11:12 EDT 2009

Wow!
I really liked the way EC played at the RAH with Cream (I was at the Thurs. show) and I still dig the DVD of those concerts. In my opinion, DVD of the EC/SW MSG shows tops those Cream shows - Eric plays his butt off with so much feeling and all involved radiate how much fun they are having together.

But, if DeltaNick gushes so much about EC/SW on their current tour, then those of us here in Europe are REALLY missing something!!! Great post, Nick!

Man, it would be great if Clapton/Winwood would do a European tour... Probably won't happen, but I second DeltaNick's motion that they "drop their solo efforts and link together permanently". That would be heaven!

Schoene Gruesse aus Deutschland,
Greg