[Slowhand] Clapton Talking

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 1 10:53:45 EDT 2009

A little while ago, we had a little thread on here about EC and his lack of talking between songs, well, last saturday I got to see the other side of the coin, I went to see BB King for the first time, along with John Mayall. Whilst nobody can deny the amazing talent of the last of the true blues greats left, he must've talked for twice as long as he played, reminding everyone every few songs "I'm 83 years old", whilst his anecdotes were, for the most part amusing, including one about how he winds EC up by calling him "God " at every opportunity, I would've liked to see more playing. So maybe EC will talk more as he gets older, anyway the moral of the tale is be careful what you wish for!!
Simon