[Slowhand] EC's Bluesbreakers Les Paul

bluesman13 bluesman13 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 14:38:48 EDT 2009

I was reading today on the Gibson website about EC's famous tone in the Bluesbreakers. They claim he used a "rangemaster" pedal to boost the treble. I seem to remember a discussion about this a long time ago and I don't think it's been verified for sure that he used one. Is my recollection correct?

The other thing I was thinking about, is, what if EC's Les Paul was not stolen during Cream rehearsals. What effect would that have had on their sound? Would that have changed rock history?

Here's the link to the article: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/Get%20That%20Tone_%20Blues%20Breakers/

It's a good read - I'm just not sure how accurate their information is.