[Slowhand] Cream's and EC's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Performances finally on dvds

Ishraq ishraq99 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 01:07:23 EST 2009

    I'm not being paid for advertising this, but I thought people might like the info ~ Time-Life has a new 9 dvd set of R&R H of F performances and tidbits including Cream's SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE  and CROSSROADS, from their induction in 1993.

    Of course, almost all of the other artists through the years are also included in this set and I don't think the individual artists are available separately.  I happened to see part of the infomercial for this on my DISH (channel 223, SRN) while cruising tv channels and stopped when I caught a glimpse of Cream with the SSWWweeeEEtt close-ups of EC, from 1993; but I have to say the set is pricey, $149.95 for the 9 dvds.  I don't know the quality of these "remasters."

    It also is supposed to have some of EC's performances for his solo induction and also Jeff Beck, Paul MacCa, George Harrison, BB King, Bruce Springsteen and so many other illuminaries. . .

    If you've ever seen the broadcast of the R&RHoF induction ceremony on cable, that's kinda what these dvds are represented to contain, along with bits of backstage and rehearsal footage, plus one dvd is claimed to contain 11 performances from the 1995 concert for the opening of the R&R H of F Museum, which EC did not attend, but I did attend and it was wonderful!!  The Time-Life website has a link for this offering, if you want to check it out.