[Slowhand] Good Show: 25 Feb 2009?

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 16 14:56:53 EST 2009

Topic for discussion: This looks like a "good show," but personally, I don't care for the production.
It's a personal taste, but I prefer a more essential mix of players, like a five-piece. I miss a good harp player in the mix. Sharon and Michelle's roles are too dominent throughout the set for my tastes. The "orchestration" is tired in that it's appears to be an imbellishment of past productions. At times, it almost comes across to me as a parody of a Clapton performance. E's solos are GOOD, but nothing new and nothing we haven't heard him do before... I loved the mid-summer E+SW tour and loved every minute of their performance from my 25th-row seat at the Oakaland Arena. My only criticism would have been to replace the gals with a good horn section, which would have been more appropriate for the "Traffic" songs I think.
Maybe I'm just cranky today. Opinions?
(grumpy)Mel