[Slowhand] ABB 2010 news from Butch Trucks

Scott Wallenberg scottw at racerxill.com
Wed Dec 9 11:19:45 EST 2009

Holiday greetings to everyone out there in Moogis Land. -

I hope you are all doing well and that all of your holiday plans are progressing nicely. I think I can help to make your holidays even more fun. We have definitely got some exciting things to tell you about for 2010 from the world of Moogis.

Let's talk about Allman Brothers Band activity for 2010. Next year, the ABB tour schedule will consist of fewer concerts than we normally play. We are going to be very selective with the number of shows that we play. There certainly will be opportunities for all of you to see us live. But there won't be as many opportunities as there have been in other years. When we do play for you, every show will be significant as you will see when I explain it.
We know that The Allman Brothers Band will appear at The Wanee Festival on April 16 and 17. And we know that we will appear at the New Orleans Jazz Festival later in April.

Beyond those appearances, the only other ABB shows that we are aware of in 2010 will take place during our annual run in New York City in March. Most of you probably know by now that these shows are not going to take place at The Beacon Theatre. We will be appearing at a new location. This is where you and Moogis come into the picture.

We are going to let ABB announce the specific details of the upcoming New York shows through the normal channels. But we want to let you know that Moogis will be in New York again this year to bring you all the music, excitement and action just as we did last year. Moogis did something historic last year with the webcast of the 40th Anniversary shows at The Beacon and we plan to do it again this year. But, in order to do this, we are going to need you to get involved.

Before January 24, 2010, you will be able to buy your subscription to the ABB New York City Run in March by paying $150. If you have recently paid $60 to extend your Moogis subscription until March 1, 2010, you will get full credit for that payment towards your new Moogis subscription. Yes, that means that you will only need to pay $90 for the upcoming 2010 New York run. That's right. By paying $90 before January 24, you will be able to enjoy any new content that we add to Moogis.com (there will be a few surprises for you soon), the entire New York Run live webcasts, the archived webcasts for one year after that and all the new friends that our Moogis community will attract. This is truly a great deal.

If you were not among those who renewed your original subscription, you can still buy a subscription to the 2010 webcasts by paying $150 before January 24. Obviously, the price will increase after January 24. We would love to keep the prices at last year's level but it's just not possible. By webcasting one of rock history's greatest series of concerts in 2009, Moogis broke new ground creatively and technically. Unfortunately, Moogis also incurred significant financial losses. We are doing our best to pay back these obligations but we also need to do our best to be certain that we cover our costs for 2010's New York Run.

Now, we are back at a familiar place. We are asking for your cooperation. If we can get 1,500 subscribers by January 15, we will be able to complete our plans as we have described them to you. If we are not able to get enough subscribers by this date, we will have to return the money we have collected and cancel the plans to webcast of the 2010 Allman Brothers Band New York Run. But because of the support that you have shown Moogis in the past, we are confident that you will help us to bring our plans for this year's webcasts to your computers and flat screen TV's.

So, please tell your friends and acquaintances about Moogis. Soon, we will begin to put together the story of the 2010 Allman Brothers New York City Run. Please join us for the journey. Go to Moogis.com and subscribe to the Allman Brothers Band 2010 New York City Run webcasts before January 24, 2010 for only $150, If you have renewed your subscription until March 1 by paying $60 recently, you will only need to pay $90 in order to subscribe to the 2010 New York City Run.

Join early and become part of this worldwide community.

Your friend in Moogis,

Butch Trucks