[Slowhand] That may liven things up!

Bryce Utting butting at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 31 01:27:32 EDT 2011

Tone sez:

> What a revelation to find out [Jim Keltner] was crook as a dog during the sessions for "From The Cradle" and couldn't lift a drum stick to save his life.

> Unfortunately this necessitated the use of a drum machine on every single track. Even the tracks that don't have drums!

> What can you say?

That's nothing. Y'remember the phenomenal pattern laid down for
Hellhound On My Trail? Steve Gadd was off surveying skin plantations
that day for his custom range. The track was produced by miking EC's
foot as he tapped along, and running the results through ProTools.

Would I lie to you?

butting (hopes like hell Gadd isn't lurking)