[Slowhand] EC SIGNATURE STRAT

Stephen M Doherty, FCS fcs at global.co.za
Tue Aug 30 01:07:22 EDT 2011

Been down that road myself and came to the following conclusion.

Blackie was build out of 7(?) standard american strats, so the assembly line should be good enough for me. The other point is the amount you play, gig. If pro or semi-pro, then the better built custom might be considered.

Also, there are many second hand EC strats out there which have not been abused. This could save 40% or more on the sticker price.

Finally, you could add to you your list the Tribute EC, but it is a bit beat up and rather expense at $20000 plus! :-)

Save your cash and go to more gigs. That's what I did!

All the best

Stephen M Doherty
Financial Consultancy Services & Kapiti Broker Group
FAIS Act License Numbers 13845 & 13844
P.O. Box 1919 Honeydew 2040 Johannesburg. Telephone: 011-793-4871.
Fax: 011-793-6323. Cell 082-897-5299. Email: fcs at global.co.za. Efax 0866-890-499

PS also consider might give the Classic Player 50's Custom Shop Designed a test drive if you are looking for that Derek and the Dominos sound at a even less money.

Mark wrote:

I was recently considering the purchase of a new 'Eric Clapton Signature Model' Fender Stratocaster.

In conducting my due diligence, I discovered that there were more choices to be made other than colour.

I was hoping that someone could provide feedback on the following EC Signature Strat choices:

1. Artist Series (Assembly Line) $1599.00 - Original Signature Strat Model, American Made, Multiple colours available.

2. Artist Series (Custom Team) $3500.00 - Custom Shop "Team Built", (2) Additional colours available (Midnight & Mercedes Blue)

3. Artist Series (Custom Master Builder) $4199.00 - Custom Shop "Single Master Builder"

Anyone?

Mark Helzer I Redwood City Electric, Inc.
2775 Northwestern Parkway
Santa Clara, California 95051
P 408.450.4866
F 408.748.1477