[Slowhand] Blues Box

Brian Tronsgaard tronsgaard at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:53:05 EST 2011

To Mr. Eric Patrick Clapton.

This has been going on for some years now, but it's now getting to a point where I can't support you anymore. You're just gonna have to make it on your own from now on. We are living in endless wars out here - torture - and you want me to buy three albums that I've already bought. You know I already got them. People have them on CD, vinyl, tapes and downloads. Sell me some demos or something, instead.

Just a porch recording or something - you probably have Dictaphone. Anything will do.

>From the Cradle has been a great influence in my own playing, and understanding of music. Along with all that other incredibly great stuff over the years. Everybody has their favorite periods. I have always found a little something on every album. I love the Clapton-album.

I was over at the Saxon Pub a few Sundays earlier this year, listening to Bobby Whitlock and Coco Carmel play. I actually - like a kid - asked him to sign that 40th anniversary Layla Box that I did get - for my birthday. Anyway, he told people there that he got some new rims for his car after The Layla Box came out. He's doing fine.

This is all for now, thank you.

Yoroshiku onegishimasu,
Brian.

Hello fellow Slowhanders!

I'm gonna continue the Blues Box discussion here. Well, From The Cradle was a big revelation for a teenager like me back then - it was like a school. So when news of the Me & Mr. Johnson arrived, it was exciting - even to a by now grown man. That album lost a little for me, but also due to my always too high expectations. I've watched and listened to The Sessions for a whole lot more. That was totally me on the other hand.
Anyway, I was at the store on the morning Riding with the King came out, and I loved it. Heard it a thousand times. Played many of the songs in bands, too.

But now that Where's Eric sometimes looks just like a Fender or Amazon add - a market certainty with good people hooked up to its mainline - is selling something like this, and in times like these come to think of it, this is where I finally draw the line:

Last Chance to Order the Eric Clapton Blues Box Set Exclusive Numbered Collector's Edition and receive on release date!
One week until the release of the Blues Set Exclusive Numbered Collector's Edition, so now's the time to place your order.

This three album five disc box set has been carefully recut for vinyl at Bernie Grundman Mastering by Chris Bellman and pressed on the finest grade European vinyl for the highest quality analogue sound imaginable. Each box is beautifully packaged in a high quality paper wrapped design and contains a unique lithograph.

This limited edition box set will be available on 180 gram black vinyl at all retail stores and as a special offering from Ericclapton.com, we have created an exclusive numbered collectors edition of 500 with each album pressed on a different shade of 140 gram European blue vinyl.

Release date November 21, 2011.

Last chance to order! Exclusive box set, yes - but those albums are some of the most available around in stores today. Carefully re-cut? They were recorded 17, 11 and 7 years ago, come on. Beautifully packaged? "...high quality paper wrapped design and contains a unique lithograph." What are we buying here? This is the same old gal with new make-up on. The nice record company people are selling you some unique lithographs wrapped in high quality paper - and some recycled music to go along with it. While you look at the wrapping.

But there's more: "...pressed on the finest grade European vinyl for the highest quality analogue sound imaginable." Well dammit, then I'm forced to get it. It is the finest grade European after all. I think that I actually can imagine analogue sounds sounding better, for one thing. I can always imagine.

Us Clapton-listeners have very specific demands for the colorization of our vinyl records, but those demands are highly met: "...(W)e have created an exclusive numbered collectors edition of 500 with
each album pressed on a different shade of 140 gram European blue vinyl."

There you have it. Click over to Eric's banks and record companies and buy the stuff. You know now that you need it. You have just been told why. Then you can compare sound with your old CDs and vinyl. I'm sure it's like you never heard it before, like the 3-D version of them.
While you're over at Amazon getting this gem, why not get the audio version of Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes, too. Listen to that while you look at your new beautifully carved cardboard.

November 21st 2011, is Eric Clapton Blues Box Set Exclusive Numbered Collector's Edition Day. And now is your time to buy.

B.