[Slowhand] Not dead - Just gasping for air

kevin orourke irishkpo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:49:49 EDT 2016

>    For the record, yes, the Digest is still here.  No one has posted a
>> message -- until this one -- in quite some time, however.  Apparently,
>> after 20 or so years, people run out of things to say.
>>

> --
>  David Hillman

I thought this was dead.  Nice to know that people are still around.  This
was the one thing that I used to look forward to reading EVERY day when I
found the internet after college.  I do miss reading everyone's comments.
This was where I discovered bootlegs..... What a revelation that was.  I
assume a lot of people transitioned to the fan club website message
boards?  Something about mingling with the unwashed masses on the boards
doesn't appeal to me.  This was always the place for the good discussions.

So - update on my recent EC activities.

Did anyone make it to any of the 70th Birthday concerts?  I did.  Scored
second row for one of the shows in London through the fan club presale and
no one sat in front of us.  I got some great pictures.

I also got backstage for both nights at the last Crossroads festival in NYC
with a press pass.  That was a blast.  So many artists to talk to and
interview.  Even ran in to EC briefly.  He sort of blew me off.  He was
pretty busy both nights.

Non EC related:
Moved from Milwaukee to the Twin Cities.  New job.

I started writing for www.bluesrockreview.com on the side. Which has had
some nice perks.  Thus the press passes to Crossroads.  Attended the
inaugural Blues Alive at Sea tour on Bonamassa's dime,  That was a blast.
I would have gone again this spring but I would have had to pay for it this
year so I didn't go.

Probably headed to Glasgow next month to catch King King and Dan Patlansky
together on tour.     King King and DP were albums of the year last year
and the previous year for BRR so looking forward to attending that concert
if I can make it.  Flying on my dime, but will probably press pass it and
write about it.

Kevin O'Rourke