[Slowhand] Martin 000-28EC

Grant Abt gabt at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 12:28:56 EDT 2016

I'm thinking of getting a Martin 000-28EC. I already own a 000-17, but I only bought it because I couldn't afford the 000-28EC! Well, I can afford one now and I'm pretty sure I'll buy it - but I'm wondering about amplification. It doesn't come with a pickup, and from what I've seen on YouTube most seem to be close miking. However, in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BvwlxRwY5w) EC definitely has a guitar cable coming out the back of the guitar. I'm guessing he's had that fit himself.

So, just wondering if anyone has experience with this guitar and amplification? I know a pickup can easily be fitted but it means drilling holes in the guitar. If I use a mike, is that sufficient when gigging, or would a pickup be essential? If anyone owns a 28EC and gigs regularly with it I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
Grant.