[Slowhand] John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton photo location update

Kevin Wilson kevitec57 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:58:47 EDT 2016

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RockWalkLondon/posts/248606815531835

After asking Facebook and Twitter if anyone knew the location for this album cover and getting no luck, I emailed John Mayall for help.

John's PA Jane Ebdon replied as follows:

Thank you for your email and your question. I asked John and this was his reply:
"I think it was taken in South London near the Old Kent Road but I can’t be sure because it was a long day looking for a suitable location."
I hope this helps. I think in fact that it was the number of locations and the time it took that got Eric to the point of boredom that he was reading the Beano in the photo.
Jane/John Mayall
So, somewhere off the Old Kent Road.
Given that Eric Clapton, John McVie and Hughie Flint are all still alive, there's a chance we might get a bit closer, but at least we can now rule out the other 99.9% of London.

Kevin