[Slowhand] Live In San Diego

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lpi.nsw.gov.au
Wed Oct 5 20:37:02 EDT 2016

I have just received and am enjoying the above set.
That was a great era with Derek Trucks in the band and the leanings towards Derek & The Dominos material.
The show I saw in Sydney at the time (obviously without Cale or Cray) was great too, so it also serves as a nice reminder of that.
One thing that has struck me is what a great drummer Jim Gordon was. Steve Jordan is hard-hitting and drives the band in this 2007 setting, but it is noticeable he doesn't quite have the flair and fluidity (if that is an accurate description) Gordon had in those original Dominos recordings, both studio and live.

I really hope Warners continues to release past Clapton shows like that in the future. The Stones are doing very well at that now with their From The Vault series, and there are so many great past performances circulating of Clapton's shows it would be nice to see more of them made available officially (particularly as Clapton is seemingly now semi-retired). Until now Warners never seems to have gotten that message.
How about some of those marvellous performances at the RAH in the early 90s, the blues years of the mid 90s, the Albert Lee era in the early 80s, etc. etc.
Come on Warners, get to it!

Cheers,
Jon

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Government. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.