[StBernard] Point of View by Ron Chapman

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 20 02:01:10 EDT 2005

I agree Ron. If this shipping channel, MRGO, is allowed to stay open, there
will be another disaster waiting for St. Bernard Parish. Even now, with the
extensive damage to the levee system, it won't take much to cause severe
problems again. I worked at the Corps in New Orleans in the student co-op
program. Then after graduating in 2001, I worked as a structural engineer
for a short time. Maybe it was my knowledge of the area's geography and
levee systems or maybe there was something more that spoke to me, but I was
anxious enough about the problems awaiting St. Bernard and the whole New
Orleans area, that when I moved much further north to Wisconsin, I breathed
a deep sigh of relief. Unfortunately, for the many residents who lived in
the Parish, there is not much relief in sight yet. My mother has lost
everything but the clothes she took with her to evacuate. Chalmette is my
hometown, and I am deeply concerned for everyone who still calls it home. I
hope you and your family are doing well.---Michelle

--
Posted by Michelle to da-parish
<http://www.da-parish.com/2005/09/point-of-view-by-ron-chapman.html> Blogs