[StBernard] Flooding Report from Council Craig Tafaro

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 24 19:22:27 EDT 2005

Wes,

the water came up to about a block away from St. bernard hwy at Jean Lafitte
and went deeper from there. On Judge Perez the water was over Judge Perez
to just before Packenham Dr. all the way back to the 40 arpent canal. On
the south side of Judge Perez the water varies but is within a block or so
of St. Bernard Hwy up to the Chalmette Vista. On Paris Rd. the water
covered the highway to just about the hump in the road. As far as the
eastern end of the parish, flooding at the junction and below.

Depending on the wind shifts, we are hopeful that the water will fall by
sometime Sunday, but we will have to wait as it falls. Arabi will have to
be pumped out as the water level in the industrial canal falls. This is a
major setback, but our plan to get people back in will begin as soon as the
water allows.

Thanks for your help,
Craig