[StBernard] Re-entry Notes - ALAN SCHULZ - Reply

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 26 09:55:37 EDT 2005

Dear Westley and the Ackermann's-

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would like a copy of the test results and
location. And I would like the telephone number of the Environmental
Engineering Group to have my property tested. Is the re-entry into the
Murphy spill-affected area being supervised by any federal or state agency?
This seems too important to be left to chance. I certainly don't want
anyone, especially my children, exposed to toxic materials of undetermined
character and concentration.

Does benzene exist in the area?

What if it evaporates into the air?

What are the airborne hazards?

Can it migrate to other areas within the spill zone?

What about outside the spill zone?

How do I know if it got inside my walls and is still there, leaking out over
time?

I have many other questions on the propriety of re-entry. I am all for
self-help, but who is supervising this problem for the public? As a
taxpayer, where are the US EPA and LA DEQ in this crisis? And Murphy is not
the best source for information, and there is always the possibility of bias
and self-serving statements.

Alan Schulz