[StBernard] Guards in the parish??where are they??

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 27 19:01:18 EDT 2005

9-27-2005

Hi
I have a few questions that I would like to have answers for.

My sister and brother in law went to St. Bernard on Monday (yesterday)
there was no one standing guard at the entrance or exit of St. Bernard
parish..they went to three houses and never saw any officials, guard or
anyone asking for id's..what is going on in the parish. What about those of
us who have not even been to our homes yet? We have been patiently waiting
our turn, and waiting out hurricane RITA now only to possibly go back to
homes to find them looted.

I sure would like to know what I pay taxes for? Where are our officials
that have made it so hard for the first 5,000 to go in to St. Bernard over
the past few weeks till now..? Where are our council men and women? Have
they taken care of there homes and now could care less who they let into the
parish.

I have been a part of the parish as a Kiwanian and also done much volunteer
service around St. Bernard.I am one of many that can say we have one of the
BEST places to live on this earth. There is truly much to say about the
statement Dorothy made in the Wizard of Oz "There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

We have been displaced, and have lost all of our earthly possessions, but
our hearts are still in St. Bernard.
Please send the guards back to the entrance and exits of the parish. Please
keep unwanted people out of our homes.

Thanks

Susie Showalter

if you all need help with guarding the parish please drop us a line...I
will find you more volunteers than you would care to see at this time.