[StBernard] District Report by Councilman Craig Tafaro

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 01:27:53 EDT 2005

Craig Taffaro

Councilman District D

St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana

(504) 278-4200

October 2, 2005; 8:00 AM CST

District Report:

Residents continue to return to their homes and properties. There are many
people who just can't believe their eyes. Almost everyone continues to be
in the same state of shock and disbelief.

We are currently working on a resolution and executive order by the parish
president to execute a plan to clean off debris on private properties.
There are several guidelines and rules that are being addressed before the
plan goes into place.

We continue to address the issue of home inspection and are trying to get
inspectors on the ground immediately. Anyone who has already settled with
their insurance company and who believes that their home may be approved for
demolition can email me so that we can get inspectors to their home. There
remains some question about the order of demolition - we are dividing the
Parish into grids so that we can minimize lost time to commuting travel.

All business owners who can operate under self sufficient conditions should
contact us to arrange the process.

The Water Division continues to increase areas that are receiving water.

Those people who were affected by the oil spill should call Murphy Oil
directly. Seven class action suits have been filed and we are told that the
class action only serves to slow things. Murphy has stressed the use of
their resources to settle with claim applicants. Murphy Oil Claim number is
877-511-1006.

Take care,

Craig