[StBernard] Flood Insurance Questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 03:45:12 EDT 2005

Dean, these numbers, I'm betting on will soon be setup on the official St.
Bernard Parish site: http://www.st-bernard.la.us

And i beg to differ with Annis. He's wrong on all counts that the parish
needs to be "all text with no graphics", and that's difficult to navigate
(the site has a search engine that can find many things you need and is
provided), and one thing, the site is not totally "opinionated" like many of
these "discussion sites", so accuracy is a must to provent "confusion and
rumors" created by many discussion sites.

Discussion sites are fine for dissemination of info. However, one must be
cautious as to the spreading of false info that can hurt the populace. I've
seen no newsgroup yet that is so perfect, it offers excellence in
discussion. Oh, things are interesting at times, but like wildfires, the
gossip can contribute to falsehoods and chaos.

Therefore, I do my best to obetain fair and accurate reporting as possible
and much through sources closer to the truth. (even though many do not trust
the truth <g>>).. Never the less, it's what needs to be done.

Thanks to Annis for the reports, but remember, too much opinions can lead to
as much corruption in truthful media as too much non-info from other
sources.

Incidently, like Annis and others, we DO rely on each others sources for
info as not everyone visits one site. I've been getting info from government
PR for years for the site, and I hope Cannizaro's PR's will continue coming
out of government as well as our regular government sources.

Best to all, and hopefully the public wins in the "information" we all try
to provide to honest reports and info laden with integrity.

Jerry.