[StBernard] Governor Blanco organizes administration into recovery teams

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 14:33:32 EDT 2005

Governor Blanco organizes administration into recovery teams

"Louisiana rebirth will come from the ground up. Local leaders will
identify the critical issues in their towns, cities, parishes and regions.
The state will be a constructive partner in this planning process. To
manage this task, I have organized my administration into eight recovery
teams.
o Economy/Workforce
o Education
o Environment
o Family Services
o Fiscal Stability
o Health
o Housing
o Transportation and Infrastructure

"Each team will identify critical issues, form advisory councils to gather
input and analyze potential solutions, develop specific plans of action, set
goals, make clear, timely progress reports and closely co-ordinate with
local planners," says Governor Blanco before the Legislative joint committee
hearing this morning.

Click http://www.gov.state.la.us/Legislative%20Committee%20October%203.pdf
to read the Governor's testimony before the Louisiana House of
Representatives and Senate Joint Steering & Executive Committees on Disaster
Planning, Crisis Management, Recovery and Revitalization.

-30-

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana's fund for
Louisiana's people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux
Blanco in order to support long-term family restoration and recovery and
help provide assistance to our citizens in need through a network of
Louisiana charities and non-profit agencies.

877.HELPLA1 (877.435-7521)
www.louisianahelp.org