[StBernard] Disaster Declaration for Rita?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 15:04:57 EDT 2005

What about patients who were going through Charity hospital? If you were a
resident of St. Bernard parish and didn't have medical insurance, and found
out you had Cancer you went through Charity. Charity is not working anymore,
but the Cancer issues don't stop and wait, they keep going, and with all the
stress of this, it can't be to healthy. Would like to see if someone could
find answers for this.

Also, I am trying to find out who to contact to include, Chalmette from
Pakenham Drive to Arabi included in the declaration for Rita. Our homes like
yours were damaged tremendously by Hurricane Katrina, however 3 weeks later,
we got it doubled with the levee's and damage from Rita. Fema is taking our
applications for complaints, but waiting on our official's to make the move
to include us in the disaster declaration. Seeing it that the government
screwed us for so long in response, why wouldn't they make this a necessity,
the longer you wait the worse it will get. PLEASE SOMEONE WITH SOME KIND OF
POWER...GET THIS DONE!

I am begging you, fema is for once on top of things and we are not, it's
disheartening. I don't want to claim things I already claimed for Katrina,
but more was lost, my entire attic was on my floor in 3 feet of sewer'y type
black mud covered my street my carport my house. there wasnt even insulation
in the attic anymore you could see straight through, and I lived on Shangri
La. We were renters, we paid our dues, we even had rental insurance until 2
weeks before this happened, and that only lapsed because of more medical
issues. We need help with this. Someone PLEASE LISTEN!