[StBernard] District Report by Councilman Craig Tafaro

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 18:13:15 EDT 2005

Craig,
I spoke to State Farm about my claim and realized my agent is repeating the
company line. They insist that my damage was caused from flood and only
plan to pay on the flood policy and not on my homeowner policy. How to they
determine that my fence, pool and door to my house were destroyed by the
flood and not the wind? They seem to have all the answers and looking to
minimize there claims by paying on the flood policy, which for me and many
others have less coverage and do not include a detached garage or pool.
Are Parish, State or National officials working with insurance companies to
protect individuals? If so, what is being discussed?
Thanks,
Guy Guinot