[StBernard] StBernard Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 9 01:01:26 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: BiancaAnKeith at aol.com

Everyone keeps complaining about money for St. Bernard. Why on God's Green
earth won't they get us added to Rita? And why won't anyone respond to this
simple question. Some were safe, some only got 3 feet of water, God bless
they were able to salvage, many had 2cd stories. I did not, I got 10+ feet
of "STANDING" water for Katrina, and God only knows how much more from Rita.
I am really peaved at this. What was drying and salvageable in my home was
once again washed away. I have emailed Senators, called representatives,
asked on here...to no avail.

Parts of our parish were destroyed twice, why won't they ask for more
assistance. Even worse is that some Fema representative messed up my
application and has me in twice for Katrina. I have got NOTHING! I have lost
everything, EVERYTHING, the only thing salvageable from my home were 6 water
color paintings I did in College. And I lived with 2 damn people. I just
graduated in May, I can't take this, I need help and answers. Why will noone
answer and take care of this? It's not a lie, Rita did destroy us, and from
the pictures I've seen elsewhere, NO HOME looked like mine did with 4 feet
of sewagey gook as of a week and a half ago, people had some kind of a
ceiling left, I seen straight thru to my attic.

I was jipped first by not being allowed back in because of Rita's threat,
now I'm screwed because Rita did more damage. This is no joke, why won't the
people we elect do their job? I'm not asking for all of St. Bernard to be
covered under the declaration, but damnit Arabi to Pakenham Drive received
double flooding because of the levees and damn Rita. It's not fair. For once
Fema, is helping out with this, taking our claims, but with hands tied
waiting for our parish gov't to make the decision. WHATS TO DECIDE? IT
HAPPENED! Hell even as of last week parts of St. Bernard were un-accessible
due to Rita, what in the world is going on here.

It's disgusting, noone notifies us of what to do, all we have is heresay and
word of mouth from here and there, we are being told oil by the millions of
gallons leaked into the area, but only stayed within a certain radius, the
parish had water for weeks, WEEKS. Now officers are shooting pets, some
people's homes who were salvageable almost totally were ransacked by
looters, that we were assured were not getting in because of a shoot to kill
order. Businesses are destroyed, everyone's lives are destroyed, noone has
answers about the Meraux Foundation. I am telling you one thing, something
needs to be done. NONE of us want to go home to the corrupt parish we had
before, it's time for things to be correct.

I am so ready to go get a lawyer and start suing people, it seems that's the
only thing that gets anyone's attention. I don't want to though, I want
justice and I want my tax dollars that I have been paying and my family has
been paying, and everyother Resident has been paying to be put to work, NOW!

We were robbed with the information on the oil spill, because people wanted
it hush hush. I am sick of this, how do I have so much common knowledge at
26, but people in office for 20+ years can't seem to get on top of things.
It's ludicrous. I am not going to go away, I am a Melerine, my grandfather
put blood, sweat, & tears into this parish. And I assure you, he is rolling
over in his grave right now at the mess that our officials have us in. A
grave that was washed open because of these storms, mind you. A city of
residence that is washed off the map, in Delacroix. I am sick of this, truly
sick of this, and so help me God, I will go TO WHOMEVER I have to do to get
this taken care of, if we don't get answers, very soon.

How is it officials can get on CNN to ask for money to pay police, but an
official can't get on and tell the 70,000+ residents what the deal is. Nagin
has done it for New Orleans, MS Governor for MS. This is absolutely
ridiculous. I AM BEGGING FOR THE LAST TIME FOR SOMEONE TO PLEASE HELP US!