[StBernard] Parish Pushes for Quicker Insurance Adjustments

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 9 01:18:21 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Scully

My husband and I drove 10 hours from Georgia to return home today to see our
home. We managed to save the two crucifixes, and our door knocker. The rest
is completely destroyed. When we were leqaving we stopped by the Allstate
trailer at the Disaster center in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and this is what
we were told.

As of yesterday, Allstate flood insurance is now declaring specific area
codes - "total loss sectors", and if you reside in one of these areas, they
will be paying out your flood policy. No itimized lists of posessions, no
waiting for the adjuster to see your home. They said we should be receiving
two checks, one for the contents made out to us, and another for the house,
made out to us and the mortgage company. Both will be for the policy limits,
nothing less.

I hope this information gives some of you hope, or at least closure.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Scully
3125 Judy Drive
Meraux, LA 70075