[StBernard] Insurance Companies

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 9 10:44:31 EDT 2005

Dan:

I understand your frustration. I have Allstate as well. They haven't
settled with me yet, but I am in contact with my agent and adjuster almost
daily. I also have recieved several call from the Allstate National office
to check on me.

When I heard about the what State Farm was doing, I was livid. Raynell has
State Farm and she is done... SETTLED, checks in hand. BUT.... They
settled her based soley on her Flood Policy, which as we all know SUCKS.
State Farm and any other company may be quick to settle because it's not
there money. Your flood comes from a government program. It doesn't hurt
State Farm to pay out of that policy. She would have received a settlement
that would be almost double if she was paid thru her homeowners policy. It
is also my understanding that State Farm hasn't written a homeowners policy
in over ten years. They recommend customers go with the LA Fair Plan, which
also SUCKS. Raynell just got her 1500.00 ALE check 2 days ago from them,
and they more than likely won't pay off that policy. Now, as far as her
auto policy, she did well. They paid over NADA retail value for it.

Now, back to Allstate. In the beginning, I was told they would pay out only
on the Flood Policy. Now the national office and my adjuster both say, no,
now the claim will be paid off of both policies and I will be made whole
again. I must admit though, my agent doesn't believe the National office or
the adjuster. She's hearing what I am saying from other customers, but for
some reason can't verify that information. That does bother me.

I heard on the news yesterday a plan, I believe that the government is going
to push through, to have Flood cover from the ground to 4 ft and homeowners
cover from 4 ft up. This is to ensure that the Insurance companies do not
get out of paying claims on a technicality. That technicality being the
flood waters. Becasuse as Craig said, and as we all know, there were 180
mph+ sustained winds and tornados before there was an inch of Flood Waters
on the ground. Not to mention the flood was caused by a wind driven tidal
surge not from slow rising rain water. In my mind, it should be all
homeowners.

We have to keep the faith, put this all in God's hands and DO NOT give up
the fight with the insurance companies. We have all paid our premiums for
years, and many of us have NEVER filed a claim. Well, now it's time to be
paid back.

God Bless You, Gloria and the family.
-Tony (Henry)