[StBernard] Definition of Debris for Removal by Parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 10 22:32:45 EDT 2005

Craig:

Without question I certainly would appreciate having all the debris
(furniture, pictures, tapes, electronic equipment, etc.) that I have placed
in front of my home in the area between the sidewalk and the street removed.
I would gladly pay to have someone use a "bobcat" for less than 30 minutes
simply to move the mud from inside my garage and down the driveway to the
street area for pick-up. I am concerned, however, with an agreement that
holds the contractor competely harmless. Most operators would do a good
job, but I hate to have someone who doesn't care about the quality of his
work bust my water pipe or whatever by going accross my lawn when I have all
the trash clearly from the sidewalk to the street.

Is it possible to ammend the agreement to insure that the contractors limit
the use of their equipment to "cement surfaces" and "the area between the
sidewalk and the street, and anything outside of that ONLY if the homeowner
is on-site? I have a huge pile in front of my house today, and have
commuted from Chattanooga two weekends in a row, but since I have no place
to stay, I need some notice to be at my house when necessary.

I am signing the form and returning it, because it is not healthy nor to
anyone's advantage to leave the debris sitting there, but I would feel
better if the contractors had some accountability for damages they cause.

John Richardson
3500 Corinne Ave