[StBernard] Mail service forSt. Bernard Parish - Press Release

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 12 22:40:36 EDT 2005

BATON ROUGE, La., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Postal Service is
reestablishing mail services for the residents and businesses in St.
Bernard's
Parish in Southern Louisiana. Beginning Wednesday, October 12th, customers
from St. Bernard's Parish can pick-up their mail between 10 a.m. through
2 p.m. Monday through Saturday at the temporary postal annex set-up next to
the Covington Post Office at 1775 N Columbia Street.
Customers in the following ZIP Code areas can pick-up their mail at the
temporary annex in Covington: Arabi 70032, Chalmette 70043, Mereaux 70075,
Violet 70092, and St. Bernard 70085.
Mail delivery and retail services for residents of Covington began
several
weeks ago and is unaffected by the addition of St. Bernard's Parish pick-up
service.
"We understand how important mail is to our customers," said USPS
Louisiana District Manager Tony Ruda. "Reconnecting our customers in St.
Bernard with their mail is another positive step toward returning life to
normal in Southern Louisiana."

SOURCE United States Postal Service