[StBernard] Murphy Oil Refinery

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 13 14:10:44 EDT 2005

I live at 3500 Corinne next to the canal. There were workers there the
weekend before last removing "water" from the canal, shooting water back
into the canal with a firehose. They also had one of the hoses (I don't
know what they call them) blocking off the canal. On the side they were
"cleaning", you saw normal canal water. The next section looked like
pure oil, black, bubbly, and shiny in color. When I returned home last
weekend, the next section was blocked off, however, I did not see any
workers. We have a light film of oil on the oil at around the four foot
level. For what it is worth, I also saw them performing the same
process to the canal next to Capagna Drive. Also, I understood that
they had poured sand wherever there was water, which I saw down Judge
Perez. I also saw a pile of sand on Missouri, just past Charles Drive.
I finally heard back from my phone call and I was advised that they
would send an inspector to my house and give me a copy of the results.
There was no mention of compensation, nor of any forms being mailed to
me because they claim they claim that the oil I see came from
automobiles. I hope this information is of some benefit to you.