[StBernard] Blue Roof

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 16 09:35:40 EDT 2005

Westley, Craig,
Thank you for all of your replies regarding a blue tarp for 2100
Pelitere. We met with the Army Corp of Engineer person today and since we
had signed the release form a few weeks back when you told us too... we are
due for an inspection and it is our understanding that it will be placed on
our roof. We are rebuilding and have started the process today... Thank you
I cant wait to get the tarp so we don't have to worry about further damage.
It is hard to clean out a house... It is also sad... but at the same
time exciting... I hope we see more people start to clean out and rebuild.
We have running water on our portion of the block which really helps so
much.
Please if you can send the trash people over to Pelitere we left almost
1/2 of the interior of the house on the front lawn near the street... we
still have sheet rock to cut and carpet to pull and need room on the lawn.
By the way... As we were working some National Guard people stopped by
and offered us cold water... oh how nice... we of course thanked them for
helping us out in St. Bernard... they were all from Ohio and volunteered to
come down here... they signed up... I think that was so nice of them. They
even offered to help move a refrigerator if we call them in advance and
simply ask... that was a very nice offer.
Well again thank you for this service of news and communication to the
people of the Parish you are providing.

Thank you,
Amanda