[StBernard] Council Meeting and Murphy Oil

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 18 08:52:51 EDT 2005

Westley,

The thing that makes most people very nervous about this situation is that
it sounds as though Murphy is rethinking the magnitude of thier spill and
thinks perhaps it only involved (conveniently) the three streets west of the
plant. I live in the oil spill area but I'm a lot closer to Paris Rd. than
that. I don't like thier implication that it was car gas tanks that left the
residue on everything. My car doesn't have crude or even diesel in it. After
the $5 million donation, it seems as though the official attitude towards
Murphy has somewhat tempered. I reported to Murphy's claims department quite
some time ago but I have not received a callback from them as I understand
many others have. As long as the parish could say definitively whether I'm
within it and can't possibly inhabit my lot, I could know what decisions to
make. Without that info I have no idea what I can do. I also think it is the
duty of the parish to bring in Federal testing agencies to test samples as
opp osed to Murphy doing their own conclusive sampling.

Thank you,

Dean