[StBernard] Insurance Claims

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 18 08:54:25 EDT 2005

I am writing the e-mail to seek if you have any information about insurance
claims in St. Bernard Parish.

Yesterday afternoon, the State Farm adjustor told my husband that we would
not be getting any money from our homeowners insurance because they felt the
damage to our house was caused by storm surge. He even said that our house
was "one of the worst he had seen". I can't understand this because the
front corner just has studs and the windows across the front of the house
are blown out. He said he took pictures and looked at how the trees were
blown down. He didn't even go inside because of the snakes. Last week, we
did get our flood insurance money.

I want to know:
1. Have you had any problems with your insurance claims?
2. Are other people in St. Bernard having problems with their insurance
claims?
3. Do you know of any recourse to getting more insurance money?
4. Do you know anything about bulldozing down the houses? I saw something
on the St. Bernard Parish web site about signing a form.

It is really hard having to deal with all this and being so far away. We
have gone through so much in the last seven weeks and now we are getting
"screwed" by the insurance companies. I am livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luckily, we are going to our act of sale on November 3rd and hopefully, we
will get some normalcy back in our lives.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Daryl Drive @ Florida Avenue.....
Mary Beth Deethardt