[StBernard] - Question about Demolition

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 24 14:43:13 EDT 2005

Val,

This represents a major issue for us. We can not allow the potentially
extended time frame of the legal process to hault the recovery process. It
would be very helpful if the executive committee communicates the time frame
that parish government plans to begin taking homes down in the next 45 - 60
days so that whatever sampling has to be done can have enough manpower
assigned to it so as not to intefere with our recovery.

Thanks,
Craig Taffaro

FYI: United States District Court Judge Eldon Fallon has appointed an
Executive Committee to direct the Murphy Oil class action litigation filed
on behalf of all St. Bernard Parish victims. Sidney Torres and I serve on
that Exec. Cmte. I would not recommend destruction of any property unless
and until samples have been secured, and the property has been fully
documented with photographs, video, etc. Further, to preserve the
admissibility of the evidence, it is also extremely important that any
samples be secured in such a manner so as to protect the chain-of-custody.
Val 504 391-8151

Val Patrick Exnicios, Esq.
Liska, Exnicios & Nungesser