[StBernard] FEMA with new building code

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 26 01:53:38 EDT 2005

Craig,

Please advise how this will affect our ability to access the $30,000.00
Increased Cost of Compliance that is built into the Flood Insurance
Policy. It is my understanding in reading the literature regarding
this, that a property would have to be declared more than 50% destroyed
and would also require an increase in building code associated with the
floodplain management program.

Obviously, access to this $30,000.00 for those interested in rebuilding
would be helpful. Please advise what direction this is proceeding in.
Thanks for all that you have done, Cindy