[StBernard] Flood PlanProposal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 26 02:15:24 EDT 2005

Westley,

I have a few questions about this proposal for buying into the flood
plan:

1) What if you haven't owned the home for 10 years...i.e. you bought the
house in the last couple of years? Would you only pay for the time you owned
it?

2)What if you had flood insurance at one time and then let it go during that
10 years? Would you only pay for the years you didn't have insurance? Would
you still have to pay for 10 years?

3) what kind of time frame are we looking at in haing this answered? People
are looking to demolish/repair homes and need to determine their courses of
action

4) Who is ultimately making this decision?

Updates about this should be a high priority considering so many insurance
companies are claiming most of the parish damage was due to flood. Also,
because rebuilding is such a high priority, this may be the one thing that
helps to bring people back because it will help some to swallow the
devestation. This will allow people to have the money to rebuild and not
feel abandoned. Lastly, the longer this stews, the more mold grows, the
longer people stay away, the longer it will take for St. Bernard to come
back to what it once was.

Wendy Hall