[StBernard] Murphy oil

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 28 21:09:02 EDT 2005

Thanks Craig,

I did take pictures the first time I went in there. I also call Crawford
and Co. again and a gentleman took my info and advised that they will be
sending documentation that needs to be signed so that they may take samples.
After those results are in I was advised that Murphy will contact me. I
took a look at the EPA's sample map and one of their sites was only a couple
blocks down from me, so I'll have something to compare if need be.

I went to the parish today and spoke w/ the FEMA guy and I was told that if
you have filled out your paperwork and checked it for inaccuracies you must
just sit tight until someone contacts you. I don't think it matters how
soon you made your claim b/c I filled my stuff out the day after the storm
and I'm still in FEMA limbo. So, anyone hearing that you can go to the FEMA
trailer and they'll hand you a grant isn't a reliable rumor.

One more thing......I tried to get on the LA Wildlife and Fisheries website
and couldn't. I have a boat in my yard.

Anyone missing a boat called "CHARLIE" with a registration number of LA5004
ED, and it has a sticker from 2000 Motorboat registration 108091. My
address is 2613 Plaza Drive which is right next door to Pelligrini's
Barbershop. It won't be going anywhere soon b/c my landlord is still
wincing from everything and doesn't have any plans to do anything with the
property anytime soon. Even if you got your insurance $$$ for your boat
some of the insurance companies are letting you keep your boat. My stepdad
had this happen and now a friend of his is rebuilding the motor of his flat
boat and it'll be ready for some fishing eventually.

I wish I had more info to give to people. All I can say is that it felt
really good to see everyone hard at work today in the parish working on the
neighborhoods and businesses . Even though there is still a mess the mess
doesn't look as bad as it did at the begining of September. I look forward
to the day when Dateline comes to the parish and shows the world just what
it means to be a "Chalmation." How unity, pride, hope and a whole lot of
elbow grease can conquer anything mothernature dishes out to St. Bernard!!!

God bless,

Dawn